The Important Stuff of What We Believe
1) We believe that the Bible is the uniquely inspired and inerrant Word of God and is fully binding on all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice.
2) We believe in the Christian doctrine of the Trinity which says, specifically that there is one, and only one, God – eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, triune; that within the unity of the Godhead there are three Persons, co-equal, co- eternal, and consubstantial – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; and that these three Persons are the one God.
3) We believe in the preexistence and full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ who, through the incarnation, became man without ceasing to be God, being at the same time both God and man, fully human and fully divine, in one Person.
4) We believe in the historic virgin birth of Jesus, the prophesied Messiah of the Old Testament, and His sinless life, His death on the cross for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His ascension into Heaven, according to the Scriptures.
5) We believe that as a result of the historic, space-time fall in the garden of Eden, man became a sinner and hopelessly separated from God; that Jesus Christ is the only provision for atonement for sin and reconciliation to God; that without the new birth no man will see the kingdom of God, and because of God’s grace, not his own works, man is justified by faith alone in the finished work of Christ; and that on the coming day of judgment all men will be resurrected bodily – the saved to enjoy eternal life with God, and the unsaved to face an eternal, righteous punishment in hell.
6) We believe in water baptism by immersion and celebrating the Lord’s supper.
7) We believe in the second coming of the Jesus Christ, in which He will personally and visibly return from heaven to judge the living and the dead, and although no man can know the day, hour, or year, His return is imminent.
8) We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, through whom all believers are justified, regenerated, and sanctified. He is given to the Church to produce fruit and gifts in its members and He makes it possible for a person who believes in Christ to live a godly life in this present fallen world.
9) We believe that all Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit upon their regeneration, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid for today’s church.
10) We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in the Christ, and that these believers who are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, are thus recognized as His church. He is the truth! (John 14:6)